Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wonders of the $0.99 store.

cheap charlies

Took a walk down Manhattan Ave in Greenpoint this morning and thought I'd see if there was anything in the ninety-nine cent world I couldn't live without. Here's what I ended up with:

Notebooks grrr

I bought 2 tigers (I had to have one for myself) and 1 dog. Those are definitely getting stashed in the gift drawer. I'm not sure if you're really getting the full effect from the photo - the utter glory of the 3D animal. Pure joy really. If you must know, they were not $0.99 as many things at the $0.99 store are not...but they were indeed a bargain at $1.29.

I didn't end up buying anything else, but here are some other glorious photos.

trimmer

The packaging is amazing, no? Somebody is drinking their milk!

flowers

So realistic!

pirate

I probably should have bought these. Who doesn't want to be invited to a pirate party?

lighters

I think I will be hitting Manhattan Ave soon for the holidays. The selection of office, school and art supplies are always plentiful and there are tons of hilarious stocking stuffers for um, cheap. And if you aren't too put off by the strange selection, you can usually pick up some decent closeout snacks and spices. Capri Sun anyone?

1 comment:

Listmaker said...

this really makes me want to move to greenpoint! i love pirates. my favorite current event story is the one about the pirates off the coast of somalia.